01. Contributions have to be entered before the respective deadlines of the
competitions. Deadlines will be announced over the main speakers and you can always
check our intranet timetable, which will always be up to date. Our beamer systen will
also be helpful by giving you comprehensive information.
02. Previously released material is not allowed. If you already contributed your
entry at some other party or you could not hold back yourself and released your
stuff over the internet before tUM: "DINGDONG! Bad idea!".
You should not try to trick us, since even if your entry passes the Ultimate Entry
Proofing Filter (aka tUEPF[tm]) and gets played, it will most likely be identified
and disqualified before (or even in front of ;-) the prize-giving ceremony.
03. Every attender may contribute with a maximum of one entry for each compo. If you
got more then one contribution for a category, please take some time and pick the
better one. We neither have the time to do that for you nor are we willing to go
through 3-4 files of scener XYZ trying to select one for the compo. Enter more than
one entry for on category and all those will be disqualified.
04. With contributing to a compo you automatically agree that we'll spread your
entry. And yes, most probably the party version you hurried up the contributing
process 1.379 seconds before the deadline. So, maybe you should have a look on your
file(s) once before you upload them to our ftp or burning them on CD-Rom. Are all
the files/filenames the correct ones? Is there a proper file_id.diz included? Better
check that out first.
05. A competition may be cancelled if we don't get enough entries for it (usually
less than 3 entries). On the other hand we will apply preselection to a competitions
if we have too many entries for it (which depends on the total estimated playing
time of the respective competition).
06. To avoid name voting all single artist competitions will be held anonymously. We
will show nothing but an entry number and the title of the work - no artist's name!
07. If you like to participate in the music compos you are not allowed to be registered with a copyright society. This includes (but is not limited to) all member societies of BIEM (take a look at their website for more information).
08. Please, read the specific rules of the compo you want to participate on how to
hand in your entry correctly. After managing this, pack all necessary files as
ZIP-file and name this file something like "author_title.zip". Be sure to fill all
fields of our contribution sheet, no matter if digitally (intranet) or the classical
09. We reserve the right to change the compo rules if necessary.
10. Violation of german or international law is prohibited. This particularly
includes copyright law! Be sure not to use third party material unless it is
freeware or the owner of the copyrights gave you a (written) permission.
11. Disregard of the rules will most probably result in disqualification. Of course,
there should be plenty of room for discussion between deadline and competition.
Nevertheless there is no "right to compete".
Please, understand the necessity to set rules. We don't do this to annoy you, but
competitions depend on some kind of standards. So, stick to them. All we do is to
make the compos as fair as possible for everyone.
If You have any questions/suggestions, do not hesitate to contact us.
did you know?
...that the tUM*o3 pizza-man had his whole family working to make the pizza as fast as possible?